About WebIntelligence (WebI)
WebIntelligence, supported by the Center for DATA, provides more than 1,000 University System and campus employees with information to support decision making. Reporting areas include financial operations, HR and personnel management, student enrollment and retention, sponsored programs administration, facilities management and University Advancement efforts.
Attention UNH Student WebI Users
Due to the data merger, we expect some impacts to UNH WebI Student reporting. During the merger planning process, the GSC-UNH Project Team made decisions regarding which data to include for GSC student records, as well as how these students would be coded for both past and future records. As a result, you may see differences in the structure of some reports, as well as new codes in the List of Values for report prompts.
Due to the volume of published reports, it will require more time to determine the full impact on existing reports and reporting structures. We ask that you verify anything that appears different or unusual on your reports with another data source. If you identify an issue with report results or have further questions, submit a WebI support ticket through TDx with the details and an analyst will contact you to assist.
In addition, ET&S is developing a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). We highly recommend you reference this document/link prior to submitting a support ticket, as the solution to your issue may be addressed in this document.
WebI Learning Resources
WebI 4.3 Basic Navigation
40 minute video covering how to use WebI as a new user
Student Reports Tips
Knowledge Base (KB) Articles
Help with everything from login to tips and tricks for report creation.
For Report Creators
In addition to the Report Creator Quick Guide...
Report Creator Videos Tutorials
30-55 minute videos for using WebI as a report writer/creator
KB Articles for Report Creators
these KB Articles are specifically for Report Creators
Let's Speak BO Webinar Series
You can register for free at this non-USNH website and have access to sign up for monthly Webinars about WebI.
Quick Tips for Report Creators
Other features for Report Creators include:
- Settings are persistent within your session. If you turn off your Data Preview Panel in the query window, it will stay off for your session.
- You can apply subtotals where they are needed and omit them if there is only one row in the group (see KB article, Advanced Techniques for Value-Based Breaks).
- You can add descriptions to your variables.
- Calculation of elapsed time has been simplified with the DateBetween() and TimeBetween() functions (see KB article, How to Calculate Elapsed Time).
- You can hide your table’s dimensions and measures.
- Format multiple tables and charts at one time (see KB article about positioning tables on your report).
See the knowledge base for a full list of known issues and error messages. New issues identified are:
- Reports exported or scheduled to Excel -- When you open the Excel workbook, rows might appear compress. Click here for a fast fix to the issue.
- Predefined Document Prompt Summary cells can only be added through the Java Applet.
If you encounter any issues not resolved above, please contact the EIM Support Team at https://td.usnh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=142 or by calling the IT Service Desk at 862-4242.
Additional WebI Information
- Login info: WebI 4.3 now uses SSO/SAML authentication. You will have to login and verify your identity once per day. Subsequent logins on a given day will automatically authenticate you.
- Timeouts: WebI sessions time out if there has been no activity, such as refreshing a report, for 60 minutes. You must log in again to start a new session. Open reports in an active WebI session get timed-out after 60 minutes of non-use. You will have to close the report and re-open it.
- Licenses: The licensing model allows 250 people to work in WebI simultaneously. If you try to log in and 250 people are already using WebI reports, you will get a notification to try again later.
- Design Mode access: If you need to edit reports (remove report tabs or modify an Excel-friendly tab), you can request access to the “Design” tool by contacting the Service Desk.
Do you need more information or do you have questions? If so, please contact the EIM team at https://td.usnh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=142 or by calling the IT Service Desk at 862-4242.