The total time it takes to migrate your data from Box to OneDrive will vary depending on the amount of data you have in Box. You will receive an email notification from ET&S once your migration is complete. Until you receive notification that your migration is complete:
- Do not access migrated files in OneDrive.
- Do not move, rename, or delete files or folders.
- Do not remove collaborators or change permissions.
While the migration is underway
- Your Box quota will be set to zero.
- Your Box files/folders will be set to read-only.
- You will not be able to upload new files or make new folders or Box Notes in Box.
- You will be able to access, but not edit, your files. To edit a Box file during migration, you will need to download it to your desktop.
- A folder named “Box” will be created in your OneDrive account.
- Your Box files/folders will be automatically copied to this "Box" folder in your OneDrive account.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING ONEDRIVE