The following lists are the worst passwords from 2018-2020 - with the first providing information regarding how long it may take attackers to crack a "weak or bad" password and how many times it has been exposed. We strongly encourage anyone using any listed or similar passwords to change immediately. The resources under "Creating a better password" can assist in creating more secure options.
Worst passwords 2018-2020
Source: Nordpass and SplashData
Creating a better password
- USNH recommendations for creating a strong password
- Follow the requirements in USNH Password Policy.
- Do not use dictionary words
- Length matters - long passphrases are better than short, complex passwords; and may be easier to remember!
- Do not create passwords with personal information
- Use a password manager to help manage usernames and passwords for multiple applications/sites.
- Use online tools to help determine how safe a potential password might be