The Research Computing Center's mission is to provide information technology (IT) support for the sponsored research community at USNH and to collaborate with higher education, industry, and government to create innovative technologies designed to address important social, environmental, and economic needs.
The Research Computing Facilitation and Support team works closely with USNH researchers to support all stages of the research process, including assisting with grant applications, recommending best practices for managing data, providing support for a variety of areas in scientific computing, and training users in RCC resources including high performance computing. The Research Computing Facilitation and Support team also helps to connect researchers with other groups within ET&S for any additional research related needs.
- Grant application assistance letters of support, data management plans, compliance
- REEO and SPA application support
Cayuse, InfoEd, MyElements, FindScholars, reporting
- Training and research facilitation
high performance computing, scientific computing, data management
Deputy Director, Research Computing Center
Senior Director, Research Computing Center
The Data Center Operations team operates Data Centers at Durham, Keene, Plymouth, Concord and Manchester. We provide the infrastructure for all on-premises compute and storage, as well as the installation and support of High Performance Compute clusters for Research.
- Data Center Infrastructure Support for all USNH Data Centers
- Physical Security
- Hardware installation
- Customer remote hands support
- Colocation customer support
RCC Provides several cluster services including a central shared cluster called Premise, a CRAY Plasma supercomputer (Marvin), and a cluster called BioMade.
- Research Computing Support
Full data backups are performed on a weekly basis, and incremental backups are performed on a daily basis. RCC's backup charges are based on the most recent full backup for the month.
- Data Storage
- Hardware, software, and networking support
- System administration
- Security scanning and patching
- Enhanced security (HIPAA, etc.)
Director, Data Center Operations
The Software Development team is made up of web developers, designers, and web content strategists and is responsible for the full lifecycle of all software development projects for USNH institutions. Services include building and hosting: websites, specialized software, and mobile applications, as well as training, consulting on search engine optimization (SEO) and analytics, and information architecture. We work closely with clients to assess their software development needs, determine the best tools and path forward, and to build scalable, optimized software solutions.
- Custom Software Solutions
- Mobile App Development
- Personal Web Pages
- SEO & Analytics
- Website Development, Design, Consulting & Hosting
- Development in Drupal, Wordpress, Angular and other technologies as needed.
- Business analysis, requirements development, best practices, build or buy, vendor selection, feasibility analysis.
Director, Software Development