Official USNH entities may advertise goods and services on USNH digital communications platforms as long as it's allowed by USNH policies and benefits the institution. Any other commercial or third-party advertising is not allowed on USNH digital communication tools except as noted below.
Official entities include schools, colleges, departments, university services, centers, institutes, officially recognized groups, and official student organizations. USNH digital communications tools include USNH websites, social media channels, and digital TVs.
USNH advertisements appearing on USNH digital communications tools
- The ad must be posted or submitted by the institution's official entity in charge of the goods or services advertised
- The proceeds must at least in part benefit the official institution entity
- The ad must clearly indicate the organization sponsoring the event or offering the goods for sale
- Students are not permitted to advertise events where alcohol will be present or co-sponsor an event with any company related to alcohol
- The ad as well as the goods or services offered must be in accordance with all other existing university policies and guidelines
Digital signage TVs
Digital signage TVs are used around USNH campuses to communicate to the USNH community and visitors about a variety of happenings including events, classes, upcoming deadlines, public service and engagement messages, social media feeds, transportation information, and emergency alerts. The content is filtered by campus and on-campus location and can be tailored to include general campus notifications and/or notifications specific to its exact location.
Requirements for submitting an ad:
- Only faculty, staff members or leaders of recognized student organizations can post ads.
- Requests will be taken on a first come, first served basis and scheduled based on availability.
- If you are using an image, make sure you have the copyright permissions to do so.
- Reach out to your institution's marketing or communications department with any questions regarding ad content.
No third-party advertising is allowed on USNH digital communication tools unless the business is contracted by a USNH entity and at least some portion of the proceeds benefit USNH, e.g.:
- Barnes and Noble, contracted by Business Affairs
- Sidearm Sports, contracted by Athletics
If you have questions please contact the USNH group or department managing the relationship.
Those designated as sponsors by university system policy are permitted in a listing of sponsors for a specific event or series of events. Sponsor listings may contain any or all of the following:
- Simple text listing of sponsor names, addresses, phone numbers and/or web addresses.
- Sponsor logos
- Web links to sponsors' websites
Web sponsor listings may not contain hours of service, pricing, or any information other than that listed above.
Those designated as partners by university system policy can be listed on appropriate websites or other digital communications tools. Partner listings may contain any or all of the following:
- Simple text listing of partner names, addresses, phone numbers and/or web addresses
- Partner logos
- Web links to partners’ websites
Links that are provided by university entities as part of a "resource" or "guide” " are allowed, but only if they fulfill a need not provided by the institution and do not include promotional content, e.g.:
- UNH Law provides links to apartment complexes and area restaurants since they do not offer their own housing or full dining facilities
- Grad school provides links to apartments because the university does not offer comprehensive graduate housing
- Plymouth State provides the CoLab which links to development opportunities for Faculty and Staff that are not available on the PSU campus
For specific questions about digital tools, please contact ET&S Software Development. For support on what is allowed for sale please contact the governing group for your entity.
Responsibility for Content
Ads on digital communication tools are posted by members of the university community acting as official representatives of the University System of New Hampshire or its recognized student organizations and are responsible for the content of their ads. In addition, they are responsible for complying with all relevant laws, USNH policies, and this standard.
ET&S Software Development reserves the right to remove at any time any content that it considers in violation of this standard or any other USNH policies.
If inappropriate or inaccurate content is discovered, ET&S will contact the site owner to discuss the issue. If the site or content owner cannot be contacted or is no longer at USNH, that content will be administered by ET&S and can be removed if deemed inaccurate or inappropriate. When content is obviously unacceptable, ET&S will immediately remove the content prior to contacting the site owner. Unacceptable entries also may cause site access to be suspended.
Reports regarding inappropriate content may be sent to ET&S Software Development.