Official USNH entities may advertise on USNH digital communications tools university goods and services for sale that benefit the institution and are allowed by USNH policy. In general, any other commercial or third-party advertising is not allowed on USNH digital communication tools except as noted below.
Purpose and audience
The purpose of the standard is to allow official university entities to promote approved goods and services on USNH digital communication tools. Official entities include schools, colleges, departments, university services, centers, institutes, and officially recognized groups, and official student organizations to promote goods and services. USNH digital communications tools include all keene,edu, plymouth.edu and unh.edu websites, myPages, mySites, Plymouth Create, and WildcatLink, dept.keene.edu, sites.keene.edu and USNH social media channels and digital TVs.
USNH advertisements appearing on USNH digital communications tools
- The ad must be posted or submitted by the institution's official entity in charge of the goods or services advertised
- The proceeds must at least in part benefit the official institution entity
- The ad must clearly indicate the organization sponsoring the event or offering the goods for sale
- Students are not permitted to advertise events where alcohol will be present or co-sponsor an event with any company related to alcohol
- The ad as well as the goods or services offered must be in accordance with all other existing university policies and guidelines, including, but not limited to:
No third-party advertising is allowed on USNH digital communication tools unless the business is contracted by a USNH entity and at least some portion of the proceeds benefit USNH, e.g.:
- Barnes and Noble, contracted by Business Affairs
- Sidearm Sports, contracted by KSC athletics and PSU athletics
- Coed Sportswear, contracted by UNH Athletics, UNH Alumni Relations and UNH Cooperative Extension
If you have questions, please contact the USNH entity managing the relationship.
Those designated as sponsors by university system policy are permitted in a listing of sponsors for a specific event or series of events. Sponsor listings may contain any or all of the following:
- Simple text listing of sponsor names, addresses, phone numbers and/or web addresses.
- Sponsor logos
- Web links to sponsors' websites
Web sponsor listings may not contain hours of service, price information, inducements such as coupons or special offers, or any information other than that listed above.
Those designated as partners by university system policy are permitted to be listed on appropriate websites or other digital communications tools. Partner listings may contain any or all of the following:
- Simple text listing of partner names, addresses, phone numbers and/or web addresses.
- Partner logos
- Web links to partners’ websites.
Links that are provided by university entities as part of a "resource" or "guide” " are allowed, but only a link without promotional information and only if it fulfills a need not provided for by the institution, e.g.:
- UNH Law provides links to apartment complexes and area restaurants since they do not offer housing or full dining facilities
- Grad school provides links to apartments because the university does not offer comprehensive graduate housing
- Plymouth State provides the CoLab which links to development opportunities for Faculty and Staff that are not available on the PSU campus
For specific questions about digital tools, please contact Software Development. For support on what is allowed for sale, please contact the governing group for your entity.
Responsibility for Content
Ads on digital communication tools are posted by members of the university community acting as official representatives of the University System of New Hampshire or its recognized student organizations, and are responsible for the content of their ads. In addition, they are responsible for complying with all relevant laws, USNH policies and this standard.
USNH ET&S reserves the right to remove an ad it considers to violate the ad regulations, this standard or any other USNH policy.
If inappropriate or inaccurate content is reported, ET&S Software Development will contact the ad owner to discuss the issue. If the site or content owner cannot be contacted or is no longer at USNH, that content will be administered by ET&S and can be removed if deemed inaccurate or inappropriate. When content is obviously unacceptable, USNH ET&S will immediately remove the content prior to contacting the site owner. Unacceptable entries also may cause site access to be suspended.
Reports regarding inappropriate content may be sent to USNH Software Development.