The goal of digital governance at USNH is to establish a framework to develop strategy, standards and policies for digital communications, including usnh.edu and all associated websites, mobile apps and portals.
This governance framework will support protection of the USNH brand and reputation, ensure a user-experience-oriented navigation, and ensure the most effective and efficient management strategy.
Digital governance will provide a framework that provides effective messaging; accurate, consistent and high-quality content; and easy access to resources and services for the USNH community.
These assets and activities are critical to the core academic mission of the university system as well as to efforts that strengthen recruitment, advancement and research, and reflect the impact of USNH on the state of New Hampshire.
Digital Communication Governance Team
The Digital Communication Governance Team will:
- Provide representation of digital stakeholders to ensure framework guidelines meet the needs of the USNH community
- Develop and document digital strategy, standards and practices to govern current and future digital communication at USNH
- Escalate USNH website and mobile application development requests to the Digital Communication Steering Committee as appropriate for review and determination
- Provide transparency into USNH website projects and requests
The Digital Communication Governance Team will comprise professionals who represent positions directly involved in working with the applications and technologies that enable development and support of the USNH web environment from a technical and content perspective.
Members will serve for one year and may be reappointed.
Digital Communication Steering Committee
The purpose of the Digital Communication Steering Committee is to:
- Develop and articulate strategies for aligning USNH digital assets with USNH strategic goals and aspirations
- Review, approve and oversee implementation of standards, policies and practices developed by the web governance, USNH Mobile App and USNH Portal teams
- Provide oversight for the web governance, USNH Mobile App and USNH Portal teams
- Review, approve and prioritize ET&S projects and requests
- Review and resolve noncompliance issues
- Provide reporting on the activities around digital governance to the Executive Steering Committee
Comprising vice president and director-level stakeholders, including representatives from Academic Affairs, Faculty Senate, VPFA, Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, Advancement, Marketing, Academic Technology and Enterprise Technology & Services.