PSU Tech Briefing: Thursday, August 31, 2023
Subject: Tech Briefing: To Know and Do – Thursday, August 31, 2023
This week’s Enterprise Technology & Services (ET&S) Tech Briefing includes a handful of frequently asked questions regarding back-to-school and changes over the summer, support reminders, and training opportunities. In case you missed it, here is last week’s Tech Briefing.
FAQ for Back-to-School
Q: How do I change my password?
Visit the Microsoft Portal to verify your security settings, change your password, manage your devices, install and manage Office applications, and more.
Q: My campus email no longer works for signing into applications. What changed?
Most USNH applications now require students, faculty, and staff to log in with their Fully Qualified Username, which comprises your username followed by @usnh.edu. Please note: your campus email address remains the same.
Q: What happens if I have trouble signing in with my Fully Qualified Username?
If you experience trouble logging in with your Fully Qualified Username, please Clear the Cache on your web browser.
Q: What happened to the campus portal? It looks different.
In spring 2023, USNH launched a new portal to provide the campus community with a tailored, one-stop online resource accessible to all students, faculty, and staff using a web browser or mobile device. Make the new portal your home by visiting https://my.usnh.edu and signing in with your fully qualified username and password.
Q: Where can I find classroom technology support?
Learning Space Technology (LST) wants to share four ways to get help using classroom audiovisual technology.
- Call the Enterprise Technology Help Desk at 603-535-2929.
- There are generally three types of tech packages in classrooms. Know the capabilities in your classroom.
- Request Support or report a problem in the classroom.
- Don’t see what you need? Reserve additional classroom technology. Submit portable equipment requests.
Also, please note: If your laptop has a USB-C connector and not HDMI, you must purchase an adapter. PSU LST recommends an Anker Hub Adapter, a 5-in-1 Adapter.
Q: Where can I find technology support?
As the Help Desk prepares to support our students, staff, and faculty return to campus, please review some important reminders about how to get IT Help.
- Extended Help Desk hours for in-person support for move-in weekend and the first week of classes can be found here: https://td.usnh.edu/TDClient/60/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=4547#holiday_hours
- Beginning Tuesday, September 5, in-person Help Desk support will revert to our regular hours at the Technology Help Desk in HUB, room 123.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Telephone and Ticket Support is always available 24/7/365 via the Help Desk Client Portal: https://www.usnh.edu/it/need-it-help or by calling (603) 535-2929.
- When calling the Help Desk, please listen carefully to the voice prompts as our menu has changed and may change periodically as the support environment changes. For Back-to-School 2023, the options are as follows:
- Press 1 if you are an instructor with an emergency using AV equipment in the classroom.
- Press 2 to be transferred to an Account Specialist - if you require help resetting your password or are an incoming student or new employee who needs help activating your account.
- Press 3 to speak to the next available Technician.
Canvas (myCourses): Gradebook Features
Fri., September 1, 1:00-1:30 a.m. | Join this Session
This session will offer insight into how the Canvas gradebook is setup, how to enter grades, and how the total grade is calculated.
LDT Microsoft M365 in Edu: Office Hours
Tues., September 5, 12:30-3:30 p.m. | Register on Bookings
This is an appointment to ask questions and receive expert consultation for those seeking assistance or solutions using any M365 tools to improve or support student learning experiences. These are scheduled with at least 24 hours advance notice using Microsoft Bookings.
LDT In-person Office Hours – Canvas, Kaltura, Zoom, Pressbooks, Mahara
Wed., September 6, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. | Register on Bookings
Learning Design Technology (LDT) In-person office hours allow attendees to come in person and ask questions to a Learning Design and Technology team member face to face. These are scheduled with at least 24 hours advance notice using Microsoft Bookings. Get answers to questions regarding Canvas, Kaltura, Zoom, Pressbooks, Mahara.
How to Get Tech Support
The Enterprise Technology Help Desk