This week’s Enterprise Technology & Services (ET&S) Tech Briefing contains new information and a training opportunity.
PSU Application Portal Maintenance
To Know: On Wednesday, December 21, from 12:00 - 8:00 a.m., ET&S will perform scheduled maintenance on the PSU Application Portal. During this time, many PSU applications will not be available.
To Do: No user action is required.
PSU Help Desk Relocating to HUB
To Know: The PSU Technology Help Desk is moving to the Hartman Union Building (HUB) over the winter break. The move is scheduled for the first week in January, and you can visit with the same friendly faces in our new location in HUB 123 (upper level near the Hage room).
The Help Desk offers:
- Walkup support for students, staff, and faculty seven days a week.
- Telephone and email technology support via 603-535-2929 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three-hour and three-day loaner laptops and adapters. Please note that three-day loaners will continue to require a reservation via WebCheckout.
Teaching and Learning Technologies (TLT) will continue to offer Learning Design and Technology (LD&T) related services and audiovisual equipment checkout in the Lamson Learning Commons. These services include:
- In-person LD&T drop-ins and training, including but not limited to Canvas grading, assignments, quizzes, and course design.
- One-on-one meeting time with our PSU-based team members.
- For more information about TLT opportunities, check out our training calendar at https://at-training.unh.edu/
- Audiovisual equipment available for checkout in Lamson Library can be viewed and reserved via WebCheckout.
To Do: Stop by and visit us. We can't wait to welcome you to our new location!
Cybersecurity: Online Data Security Training
To Know: Starting in 2023, the University System of New Hampshire will request that all employees complete an annual online training course on cybersecurity best practices. This program will be available through the Get Inclusive platform, and the goal of this online training is to increase USNH staff awareness of cyber threats and how best to protect data and information systems. Research has shown that many cyber-attacks result from unintentional user mistakes, and cybersecurity awareness training can significantly lower that risk.
To Do: Watch your inbox. In the next few weeks, you will receive an email from Get Inclusive with instructions to begin Data Security training. The training module is self-paced and will take around 20 minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for your
cooperation and participation. By learning to protect ourselves, we protect each other.
IT Support Over the Holiday Break
To Know: ET&S offers 24/7 technical support, including during the holiday break.
To Do: Contact your campus Help Desk for technical assistance at https://www.usnh.edu/it/need-it-help