The following items are generally reimbursable to the extent they are reasonable and necessary business expenditures:
- Business office expenses (fax, copy services, internet charges, etc.)
- Business phone calls
- Conference fees
- Currency conversion fees
- Inflight internet access fees
- Fees for the purchase of traveler's checks
- Gasoline for refueling a rented car
- Ground transportation (train, taxi, bus, subway, Uber, Lyft, etc.)
- Laundry and dry-cleaning charges for trips exceeding five calendar days
- Parking and tolls (Note: Drivers of USNH vehicles with a U plate are exempt from paying tolls in NH. They may be asked to show their campus ID's.)
- Reasonable personal phone calls that allow the traveler to stay in touch with his/her family. A ten-minute call per day of travel is considered a reasonable guideline.
- Tips up to 15% for transportation such as taxi, Uber or Lyft.
- Tips up to 20% of meal cost (only if actual expense meal option is chosen).
USNH will only reimburse a traveler for items paid personally (conference fees, plane and train tickets, etc.) after the travel has taken place.
The official version of this information will only be maintained in an on-line web format. Any and all printed copies of this material are dated as of the print date. Please make certain to review the material on-line prior to placing reliance on a dated printed version.