(Note: OLPM sections on this page may be cited following the format of, for example, "BOT V.E.1.1". These policies may be amended at any time, do not constitute an employment contract, and are provided here only for ease of reference and without any warranty of accuracy. See OLPM Main Menu for details.)
- State law (RSA 187-A:16) authorizes the Board of Trustees to hire, employ, and compensate such personnel as are needed to provide a well-coordinated system of public higher education.
- The Board of Trustees delegates to the Administrative Board, the authority to establish Professional Development and Training policies.
- General Policy
- The University System and each of its component institutions shall establish policies and procedures to promote the training and development of faculty and staff in order to foster a productive work force and to provide opportunities for upward mobility. These policies shall be consistent with BOT V.B.2 and USY V.B.2 , relating to Affirmative Action.
- Policies and practices developed shall include staff and supervisory training, internal promotions, and sabbatical and development leaves.
- Development and training policies shall comply with all state and federal laws and where appropriate support Employment and Affirmative Action policies established by the Administrative Board.
1See USNH Total Rewards Objectives, approved by Board of Trustees on Feb. 17, 2011