(Note: OLPM sections on this page may be cited following the format of, for example, "BOT.I.A.1". These policies may be amended at any time, do not constitute an employment contract, and are provided here only for ease of reference and without any warranty of accuracy. See OLPM Main Menu for details.)
- Preamble. To guide the conduct of the student trustee elections authorized under Chapter 124 of the laws of 1979 and subsequent amendments, the Board of Trustees under the authority of RSA 187-A:13 and 16 adopts the following policy:
- Campus Rotation. Chapter 76 of the New Hampshire Laws of 2011 provides that the 2011 elections for student trustee will occur at the University of New Hampshire and Plymouth State University, the 2012 elections at Plymouth State University and Granite State College, the 2013 elections at Granite State College and Keene State College, and the 2014 elections at Keene State College and the University of New Hampshire. Unless the law is repealed or amended, the election for the student trustee in subsequent years shall rotate among the campuses in the same order.
- Candidates. Any full-time matriculated undergraduate student at the institution scheduled for the student trustee election shall be entitled to run as a candidate for student trustee. This student should appear on the ballot provided:
- The student is at least a second-semester sophomore; and
- The student has submitted a petition with not less than 50 student signatures to the appropriate student government representative at least 2 weeks prior to the election, except at Granite State College where the student is required to submit a statement of interest to the President's Office at least 2 weeks prior to the election.
- Voting. All students eligible to vote for student body president at the institution scheduled to hold the student trustee election shall be eligible to vote for student trustee.
- Election Procedures. Each institution shall carry out the election of the student trustee under the same procedures used for the election of the student body president.