(Note: OLPM sections on this page may be cited following the format of, for example, "BOT VI.D.1.1". These policies may be amended at any time, do not constitute an employment contract, and are provided here only for ease of reference and without any warranty of accuracy. See OLPM Main Menu for details.)
- General Policy Relative to Construction
- Construction project contracts shall be awarded following an open, competitive process which can include Design/Build, Construction Management and traditional Lump Sum bidding methods. The Chancellor shall develop and implement prudent procedures establishing the form and application of the competitive processes and will ensure the processes comply with generally accepted purchasing guidelines.
- Presidents and their staffs are responsible for the design and development of campus construction projects, including the selection of architects. Where volume of activity is insufficient to justify separate campus staffs to administer such projects, central services are provided by the Chancellor's Office to ensure proper control and management. The Chancellor reviews and coordinates initial estimates and funding sources of capital projects for presentation to the Financial Affairs Committee, maintains fiscal control, and reports to the State on all projects supported by capital appropriations.
- For each construction project which costs in excess of the delegated amounts in BOT VI.A.5.1, the Financial Affairs Committee approves a Program/Needs Assessment which outlines the proposed project scope, a detailed project budget, and Schematic Design Documents.
- Any change order on a Trustee approved project which individually, or when aggregated with other approved and proposed change orders on the same construction project, either materially alters the design of the project or increases the total project cost by more than $500,000 or five percent (5%), whichever is greater must be approved by the Financial Affairs Committee.