Note: OLPM sections on this page may be cited following the format of, for example, "BOT.II.G.1.1". These policies may be amended at any time, do not constitute an employment contract, and are provided here only for ease of reference and without any warranty of accuracy. See OLPM Main Menu for details.)
G. Academic Program Planning and Review
- The Presidents shall establish effective processes for academic program planning, addition, alteration, deletion and review at each of the component institutions.
- The processes for academic program planning and review shall take account of the relevant differences among the various types of academic programs (e.g., degree and non-degree, etc.) and shall enable the institutions to effectively meet the public higher educational needs of the citizens of New Hampshire.
- The Educational Excellence Committee shall:
- Require each institution to establish and maintain a long-range academic plan as a component of the institutional strategic plan.
- Require each institution to establish and maintain effective processes for the addition, alteration, deletion, and periodic review of all types of academic programs.
- Require the Chancellor to coordinate a process whereby the Presidents propose to the Committee a set of appropriate metrics and targets aimed at assuring the education provided by each institution, and USNH as a whole, meets reasonable quality expectations.
- Require the System Office to maintain an academic program inventory.
- Prior to taking action a President shall inform the Educational Excellence Committee of his or her plans to add or delete degree programs (i.e., degrees and majors). After implementing any such change a President shall inform the Committee of the completed action. Such informational reports ordinarily shall be part of the agenda for a regularly scheduled Committee meeting.
- Each President shall present an annual report to the Educational Excellence Committee which, at a minimum, shall:
- Transmit updates to the institutions' long-range academic plans, to include updated academic quality metrics;
- Describe the results of the periodic academic program reviews conducted at his or her institution;
- Detail the changes made to the academic programs at his or her institution since the last report; and
- Describe the educational exchange programs offered by or available through the institution.