The Financial Affairs Committee (the "Committee") of the Board of Trustees of the University System of New Hampshire ("USNH") shall be appointed per Board of Trustee policy. The primary function of the Committee is to exercise the fiduciary responsibilities of the Board of Trustees and to make recommendations to the Board on all financial policy and planning matters of USNH. The Committee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Review reports, studies, information and recommendations as it may deem necessary for the proper and effective exercise of its responsibilities. Periodic reports include, but are not limited to: budget and fiscal condition; enrollment; financial aid; fundraising; research; capital projects; benefits; and annual municipal payments.
2. Advise the Board of Trustees on all policy matters relating to financial affairs.
3. In conjunction with the Audit Committee, review the annual financial statements.
4. Carry out all responsibilities with respect to USNH financial and capital matters, as designated in existing policies.
5. Review areas of risk assigned to the Committee by the Executive Committee for further review or other follow-up based on annual enterprise risk reports from the System’s chief executive officers..
The Committee is expected to meet at least four times each fiscal year, and more if it is necessary to facilitate prudent and timely decision making.