Purpose: The Academic Executive Council (the Council) is a standing body within the University System of New Hampshire. The Council is advisory to the USNH Administrative Board and is charged to consider, decide, and/or recommend strategic or operationally significant academic matters, according to the policies and processes of USNH.
Membership and Structure: Membership of the Council will be the USNH Chancellor and the Provosts of Granite State College, Keene State College, Plymouth State University, and the University of New Hampshire (or their interim appointments). The chair of the Council will be the USNH Chancellor. The Chancellor may assign a USNH system office staff member to support the committee. Other campus or USNH system staff may be invited to attend meetings at the discretion of each member of the Council.
Meetings: The Council will have regular meetings sufficient to meet its objectives in support of the outcomes expected from its annual work plan. The meetings will be at times and locations convenient to membership.
- Identify standards and establish quality criteria for academic programs in order to effectively meet the public higher education needs of New Hampshire.
- Develop efficient processes to respond to changes in the higher education landscape.
- Support academic excellence at the four institutions.
- Promote systemwide collaboration where appropriate.
- Support the appropriate agenda and preparations for the USNH Board of Trustees and its Committees, particularly, but not limited to, the Educational Excellence Committee.