The Mission of Granite State College is to expand access to public higher education to adults of all ages throughout the state of New Hampshire.
The college achieves this mission by offering degree, certificate, and contract programs of excellence that serve our communities through learner responsive curricula, innovative teaching methods, and ongoing assessments of learning outcomes. Granite State College fosters partnerships with area businesses, local and state organizations, and other higher education institutions in order to bring high quality academic experiences to the residents of New Hampshire in an effective and efficient manner.
Granite State College will be nationally recognized as a leader in meeting the academic needs of adult learners by offering programs and services of the highest quality that address the educational and workforce priorities of our state and region. Our statewide presence, unique programs, and responsive delivery models will enable the college to provide a greater number and more diverse group of learners with increased educational opportunities. Granite State College will continue to be the institution of choice for individuals who wish to be part of a teaching and learning environment that actively promotes academic success, personal development, professional growth, and community involvement.
The mission and vision statements of Granite State College reflect the following core values identified as key elements in successfully meeting the educational needs of our learners:
- Our primary commitment to and respect for adult learners of all ages, for whom our innovative college programs are designed
- Our commitment to ensure access for all adult learners in the state of New Hampshire who desire a college-level education, and the consequent commitment to make college geographically proximate and financially affordable
- Our belief that learning is a lifelong process
- Our determination to provide an academic experience that extends critical thinking throughout the curriculum, integrates theory and practice, has a strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences, and fosters self-directed learning
- Our belief that effective teaching and learning results in assessable outcomes
- Our determination to have a positive social and economic impact on the communities of which our learners are members
- Our commitment to diversity and the educational value that inclusion brings to the learning experience
- Our recognition that staff and faculty are vital members of our learning community and the college respects and values their essential contribution to the education of our learners. Hence, the college will support the lifelong learning goals of our staff and faculty.