(Note: OLPM sections on this page may be cited following the format of, for example, "UNH.III.J.1.1". These policies may be amended at any time, do not constitute an employment contract, and are provided here only for ease of reference and without any warranty of accuracy. See OLPM Main Menu for details.)
1. The University of New Hampshire, Durham and Manchester campuses, is committed to providing a safe and secure learning and working environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
2. The use and possession of all firearms, other dangerous weapons intended to inflict injury, or explosives are prohibited on the Durham and Manchester core campuses of the University of New Hampshire. Law enforcement officers duly authorized to carry such instruments are excepted.
3. Weapons may be stored on campus under the control or direction of the Chief of the University Police Department and in accordance with the policy and procedures of the University Police Department.
4. The Chief of Police may grant permission in writing to an individual, academic or research department, or operational department to possess a weapon or ammunition on campus for instructional or other qualified purposes and in other special circumstances and conditions as approved by the Chief of Police.
5. Any person violating this policy will be subject to appropriate legal and administrative action, provisions of state laws and be subjected to sanctions under applicable process for just cause.