This is a voluntary service and there is no need to sign up – you are automatically *eligible through your enrollment in the USNH Harvard Pilgrim health plan. Managing health care costs is a shared responsibility between employees and employers. The new Tandem personalized healthcare shopping service enables you to make healthcare choices that could result in cash rewards to you. Here's how it works:
- Call or email Tandem if your doctor schedules you for an outpatient test or procedure such as an MRI, CT scan, or mammogram (see the Tandem website at www.tandemcare.com for a full list).
- A Tandem nurse will help you compare the cost and quality of Harvard Pilgrim providers in your area.
- If you choose a lower cost provider, Tandem will help you reschedule your appointment.
- You will receive a financial reward between $40 and $200 depending on the amount that was saved on the procedure.
USNH Tandem Award Levels:
If you call Tandem Care and are already using a low cost facility for a procedure that is at least $100 less than what other facilities/providers in your area charge you will receive a reward of $20.
If you call Tandem Care and switch to a lower-cost facility, the amount of your cash reward will depend on how much you save. You will receive:
|Lower Cost Provider Savings||Your Reward|
|If you save between $100 - $249||$40|
|If you save between $250 - $449||$75|
|If you save between $450 - $649||$100|
|If you save between $650 - $999||$150|
|If you save between $1,000 - $1,999||$200|
|If you save between $2,000 – $3,999||$300|
|If you save $4,000 or more||20% of savings,
reward capped at $3,000
Please Note: Tandem rewards are taxable as income per IRS regulations, regardless of amount, and are subject to tax withholding based on your tax withholding election. USNH will process the tax withholding from a future paycheck, resulting in a reduction in your net income for that pay period.
For more information call toll free 866-797-4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tandem Website www.tandemcare.com (Note: Please refer to the USNH Tandem Page for the USNH Reward Levels)