Choice Plan Resources*
The USNH medical plan option, the Choice Plan, provides comprehensive coverage with the flexibility to use any provider you wish and more control over your expenses. When you elect to enroll in the Choice Plan, USNH will review the eligibility requirements to set up a new Health Savings Account (HSA) for you.
An HSA is a tax-free savings account owned solely by you that can be used to pay for qualified medical expenses. It earns interest and can be invested once a certain threshold is met. USNH will fund an annual deposit into your HSA of $500 for Individual coverage, or $1000 for Two-Person or Family coverage (prorated for mid-year elections). This account can cover a portion of your out-of-pocket expenses under the Choice Plan, and/or you may make contributions into the account. The funds roll over from year-to-year and are portable when employment ends. Please find below links for both the Choice Plan and Health Savings Account.
*Available to active benefits-eligible staff and faculty not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Choice Plan Mail Away Information
- Choice Plan Employee Information Meeting Presentation
- Choice Plan Tutorial
- Choice Plan Health Savings Account (HSA) Tutorial
- Choice Plan Health Savings Account Webpage
- Tandem Care - Information and Reward Levels
- FAQs about the Choice Plan & Health Savings Account (HSA)