USNH Research, Policy Analysis, and Information Technology supports the chancellor and the Board of Trustees, as well as campus administration, faculty, and staff, by enhancing their ability to make decisions and implement strategic plans that are data driven. This is accomplished by
- Providing quality and reliable information on the nature and performance of the NH public higher education sector as a whole, accurate information for policy development and decision making, and data to contribute to the public accountability of higher education.
- Providing management information about the university system's financial position, productivity, students, staff, physical resources, and position relative to institutions within the system and to comparator institutions.
- Tracking performance relative to strategic indicators at USNH institutions in order to monitor improvement and examine trends which may affect higher education in the state.
- Providing survey-related research services for USNH, as well as completing surveys for government agencies, other research organizations, and nonprofit organizations.
- Analyzing data to support higher education's significant role in the state's economic and workforce development efforts, and communicating to campuses, the legislature, and the public to raise awareness regarding the value that public higher education adds to the state.
- Leading systemwide planning related to information systems and technology.